Sunday, August 28, 2011

One F-Stop at a Shutter.

Here's another blog on top of all my other blogs and websites. I'm not sure why I continue to pursue with making new accounts in every site available, but I've decided to make this site specific to Photography. Photography has always been a dream of mine, it's been that secret dream because no one really knew how passionate I loved photos, pictures and art. I always had an eye for angles and colour coordinating candles on a birthday cake. But I loved to draw, I needed the people, animals, buildings and objects of what I drew to be perfect. But it started to become more time consuming once I started studying Physiotherapy in 2006. Officially I stopped drawing and focusing in art class, but being able to hold my first compact camera, made me realize how perfect a photo could capture a moment and share it with people. For the most part, I think I've always tried to recollect every memory, down to the detail of how I felt in each situation because that's just who I've grown up to be, a sentimental sook! This year was the first time I decided to take a leap out of the savings bank to purchase an entry level DSLR, Canon 600D. I had to think a good half a year about whether it was really worth purchasing, and I've realized that life is too short to just let your dreams go by. So that's when I decided to just go for it.

It was the best decision outside of my career, it just opened my eyes to a world and opportunities to grow, learn and become better (Those who know me, they'll understand how big my smile can get when I talk about photography or my camera). I can't say that I'm a photographer, or hoping to one day become a professional. But it has definitely made me appreciate everything about life. Dreams don't just come when you wake up one morning, it takes hard work and faith for anything like this to become real. And studying a lot about the ugly terminology that comes with holding a camera, has made it also worthwhile. I suppose that comes with anything in life, physiotherapy being my prime example of studying for 14 exams in two weeks to now becoming a fully qualified physiotherapist, and working for almost two years now.

The more you go along this journey with me, if you choose to stay, I will appreciate every moment you decide to scroll down and read or look a little more.

The first photograph I took of me & my camera. Nothing too special, but I did some editing on the computer to drain most of the colour out. Plus, I have to thank R for helping me make a logo.

My first lens 18-135mm 3.5-5.6, he was a heavy bugger, but such a nice zoom to those hard to reach places.

Recently just bought the 50mm 1.8 II this little baby is one of my favourite at the moment, it's nice to be able to take the focus out of a foreground and get some really nice Bokeh, plus this one's light enough to carry around in my pocket!

I bought this lens along with the above lens, I haven't experimented too much yet, but once I have enough time I'm sure this will be my new travel buddy! Can't wait to see what it can do!

Just a little teaser of one of the first photos I took with Manual Focus, and it's still one of my favourite. And nearly every photo I take has some meaning, and this is all the jewelery and accessories I wear when I'm out. Focusing on my favourite spinning ring.

To me, I believe that photography is capturing a moment in one's life and sending a message or an emotion of that moment through the eyes for others to see and comprehend. Complex, I know. But that's probably why I dislike too much computer post-editing input, because people can just end up losing the reason why they wanted to take a photo. But, art is art, individuals are all different, and I'm inspired by anything regardless.

So, enough of my rambling, Dreams will come, it just takes one step at a time, or as a photographer will probably say, "One F-Stop at a Shutter."

No comments:

Post a Comment