Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Fun Winter Portraits



I had a portrait shoot over the weekend on a beautiful Saturday afternoon, walking around Hyde Park was one of the most amazing, fun and inspiring things that I was feeling the creative photography vibe! East Perth at sunset was also amazing because the light of the sun descending over a subject was absolutely stunning. The over exposure to any photo of two people remind me of a pre wedding photo! With a pre wedding photo lined up for mid August, I decided to drag two friends of mine around to different venues just to try it out, and now I can't wait for the real thing! 

Let's say that I am so proud of this photo, I give full credit to Darwin, from Evermore Photography, for giving me a few hints on how to edit a photo like this, and once he had shown me for one of his pre wedding photos, I HAD to try it! What do you think? 

I've learnt so much about candid shots, I used to think it was just stalking someone and capturing a moment that looks memorable. But it's so much more than that! 

Lines, curves, background, lighting and colour. 

Another play with editing colours with an overexposed photo. This colour reminds me of Beauty and the Beast without the beast. 

Focus and bokeh. 

Curves and length. Incorporating flare during this sunset photo definitely has a good warm magazine look to it!

Adding in a little bit of dimension with shadows and alignment. 


I'm hoping for so many more portraits to come, I've realised how fun it can be if the people on either side of the camera just enjoys the time together and knows how to feel no shame at times, it just shows in the photos! I'm looking for a make up artist or someone who likes to get creative with make up, preferably model also, to work with me on projects and capture it for fun! Let me know if you're interested by emailing me on jtionowidjaja@gmail.com

If you know someone who wants portrait shots done around Perth, for a pre wedding, family or kids. Let me know! Thank you for reading this and supporting me! I've definitely come a long way from getting my first DSLR lens ;)

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment